Dharamshala is a popular hill station in Himachal Pradesh that attracts a large number of tourists annually. It is the principal township of the Kangra district and was formerly known as Bhagsu. This hill station boasts of a thick cover of oak and conifer trees along with snow-capped mountains on three sides. During the British rule, Lord Elgin (Viceroy from 1862-63) was mesmerised by the beauty of the destination as it reminded him of his home in Scotland. It is said that Lord Elgin requested the British Monarch to make Dharamshala the summer capital of India. It received a major setback in the year 1905, when it was devastated by a massive earthquake. Mcleodganj and Forsytheganj, two popular suburbs of Dharamshala, served as health resorts and resting places for British rulers. It attracts a lot of tourists all year due to its scenic beauty and culture. The facilities and infrastructure in Dharamshala are other factors that make it a favourable tourist destination.
While visiting this north Indian city, travellers can be assured of complete comfort, entertainment and rejuvenation. The serene surroundings, pleasant climate and picturesque landscape make this hill station a complete summer holiday spot.
Day 1 :
Evening pick up volvo from delhi & proceed towards dharamshala . Overnight at volvo.
Day 2 :
Arrive dharamshala from volvo &transfer to hotel Check in hotel. Rest and indulge in sightseeing around Mcleodganj and Bhagsunag ( Bhagsunag temple, Water fall, Dalai Lama temple, St.John Church and Naddi). Overnight Dharamshala Hotel.
Day 3 :
Pick up & drop to Mc loedganj from Mcleodganj to Triund,2800 mtrs, 9 kms gradual trek - The trek offer panoramic views Bhagsu village, Mcleodganj, Dharamsala valley and distant views of Shivalik hills and plains of Kangra valley. The trek is moderate nature. Triund is a large land of green grass and pasture like. One can see the mighty Dhauladhar ranges just above the eyes. This is the base camp and climatization point for trekkers climbing the Inderahara point in the Mt. Dhauladhar. After breakfast arrive in Mcleodganj and trek to Triund with pack lunch . The day is in leisure to wander about in the Triund vast land. Night at Trund Camp .
Day 4 :
After tea or breakfast back to Mcleodganj in the afternoon – Pick up from Mcleodganj & drop Volvo.
- Return tickets delhi to delhi by A/C volvo ( NOTE : A/C will not works on hills.)
- Half day Local sightseeing & pick up drop assistance till mcleodganj from camping .
- Accommodation for 02 nights & 03 days as per the details
- Buffet breakfast & Dinner at hotel.
- Accommodation in camp during the trekking, guides , camping Equipment, Sleeping bags.
- Morning and Evening Tea at camp.
- 02nd Day Packed Lunch and Dinner and 03rd Day Breakfast at camp
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tent
- One bonfire if no rain
- All sightseeing, land transfer & inter hotel transfer as per the itinerary .
- Driver allowance/toll/parking/road tax/fuel charge.
- Except 4.50 % service tax
After the trek and kind of insurance. The itinerary is sub jest to change. Client has to sign a risk certificate before the beginning of the tour.
Expense of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure tax etc.
Any air / train fare
Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary
Tips, insurance, laundry, Mineral water,Soft drinks phone calls.
The services of vehicles is not included on leisure days after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the itinerary.Any kind of drinks (alcohol, Mineral, aerated, bed tea on tour or any other snack while waiting at airport or waiting for jetty ).
Camera fee, soft or hard drinks starters.
Medical travel insurance.
Additional costs due to flight cancellation etc. Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, and/or any factors beyond control.
- Above cost is based on the advised hotel and in-case any of the advised hotel/s is not available then the similar hotel/s may be used but only after informing you and with your consent only.
- It is mandatory to carry photo ID card while you are on tour.
- If the room category is not mentioned, then it means the base category room is used for the quotation / quote.
- Providing early check-in and late check-out at no cost, is entirely hotel's decision and would be subject to availability.
- Confirmed early check-in and late check-out can be arranged at extra cost (Again it's entirely hotels decision).
- Ocean Holidayz will not be liable for claims or expenses arising from circumstances beyond our control such as accidents, injuries, delayed or cancelled flights & acts of force majeure.
You need to carry your personal things sweater or jacket , rain coat , torch , 2-3 pairs of socks and some basic medicine etc.
Client has to sign a risk certificate before the beginning of the tour.