Originally just a cluster of villages that was administered intermittently by Nepal and Sikkim, Darjeeling grew in prominence during the mid 19th century when, because of its climate, the British first established a hill station there after leasing it from the Chogyal of Sikkim and later discovered that the area was particularly well suited for tea plantations. In 1849, the British annexed the area and Darjeeling became a part of British India. The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway was opened in 1881 (it is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and the town became the de-facto summer capital of India during the days when the Raj was governed from Calcutta.
NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Gangtok:- On arrival at NJP Railway Station / (IXB) Bagdogra Airport, (500Ft / 150Mts) you will be met by our office Executive who will assist you to board your vehicle to Gangtok (5500 Ft /1677 Mts, 130 Kms / 04 Hrs). Check in and over night at Hotel.
Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir:- After breakfast start for an excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir which is 55 kms one way from Gangtok city. Overnight stay at Gangtok. (In case of Land slide or any other reason Tsomgo Lake is closed we will provided alternate sightseeing.)
Gangtok– Darjeeling (100 kms / 4 hrs):- After breakfast, check-out from hotel and proceed for half day local tour of Gangtok covering Bhakthang Water Falls along with Droul Chhorten, Research Institute of Tibetology (Closed on Sunday), Directorate of Handicraft & Handloom (Closed on Sunday), Ganesh & Hanuman Tok, Tashi VIew Point and Flower Show. Later transfer to Darjeeling (5500 Ft /1677 Mts, 100 Kms / 04 Hrs). Check in and over night at Hotel, and free to explore over night Darjeeling hotel.
Darjeeling Sightseeing : Early Morning (at 04:00 am) drive to Tiger hill to watch the spectacular sunrise over Mt. Khangchendzongha (28,208 ft. Worlds 3rd highest peak), on your way back visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop. After breakfast visit Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park (Thursday closed), Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre (Sunday closed), Tea Garden (outer view), Ropeway and Japanese Temple. Evening free for shopping or leisure. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Darjeeling – NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport (100 kms / 3-4 hrs):- After breakfast Check-out from hotel in time and take the departure transfer to NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport for your onward journey.
· Accommodation for 4 nights & 5 days as per the details given above.
· Accommodation in 01 room at hotels.
· Buffet breakfast in all hotels. (Total 04 breakfast per person)
· All sightseeing, land transfer & inter hotel transfer as per the itinerary only by non-ac Indica / WagonR/ Similar. (Vehicle will not be on disposal- it will be as per the itinerary only. Vehicle will also change sector wise.)
· Driver allowance/toll/parking/road tax/fuel charge/permit charges.
· All applicable taxes (Except G.S.T- 4.50%)
- Any Air or Rail fare.
- Any other meal not mentioned in price includes.
- Any other destination not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any monument entrance fees, camera fees, guide charges.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- All expenses which is not mention above inclusions
- GST @ 4.50%
- Please note rooms are subject to availability. We are not holding any rooms.
- It is mandatory to carry photo ID card while you are on tour.
- The transportation covers 1050 kms as per itinerary, in case of any extra running of kms, the clients will have to bear the cost directly.
Cost does not include Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail/flight/vehicle delays and cancellations due to road blockage, vehicle malfunctioning, strikes, natural calamity, political disturbance etc. and it will be borne/settled by client only.Ocean Holidayz will neither be responsible and nor bear these expenses. No refund shall be made for unutilized services.